Termination With: SSF™ Fiber & 900μm fan out kit/tubing
This guide assumes proper selection of connector matching cable type and correct installation of 900μm fan out kit. Due to SSF™ fiber’s extreme durability your cleaver may require a wheel height adjustment to successfully cleave SSF™ 2
For instructions on terminating Cleerline Fiber with other common connector systems, vist the Compatible Connector Instructionals Downloads page
1. Ensure a minimum of 50mm of fiber exits the fan tubing. Unscrew boot from rear of connector and slide onto fan tubing.
2. Slide included 900μm build tube section onto fan tubing.1
3. Place connector onto VFL. Ensure activator slide tab is in “open” postion – slide towards rear of connector. Open hinge on connector.
4.DO NOT USE STRIPPERS. Use only finger tips/nails to gently remove “Soft Peel” 250μm coating completely to fan tubing. 2
5. Cleave fiber measuring from fan tubing. For SSF™ SC = 16mm. 3
6. Insert fiber into the rear of connector until a slight “bow” is created and the light emitting from connector window dims and/or extinguishes.
7. Slide activator tab towards connector tip. Remove from VFL, Install dust cap.
8. Slide build tube forward and seat in rear of connector, ensure fiber is straight, close hinge. Slide boot forward and tighten until secure. Install cover.
- If terminating fiber at 250um (no jacketing or fan-out tube), utilize part number SSF-S250BT-10 build-up tubes for proper connector installation.
- SSF™ Fiber does not require the use of alcohol cleaning as the glass fiber is not exposed being protected with SSF™ proprietary coating. Remove the soft peel coating completely from all sides of the fiber with fingers only. Do not use strippers.
- Due to the extreme durability and bend insensitivity of SSF™ fiber your cleaver may require a wheel height adjustment procedure to allow successful cleaving of SSF™ fibers.