SSF LC Connector Termination with SSF™ Fiber in 900µm Tubing
For instructions on terminating Cleerline Fiber with common connector systems from other manufacturers, visit the Compatible Connector Instructionals Downloads page
1. Ensure a minimum of 50mm of fiber exits the fan tubing. Unscrew boot from rear of connector and slide onto fan tubing.
- 2. Slide included 900μm build tube section onto fan tubing.1
- 3. Place onto VFL using an LC type adapter. Ensure activator slide tab is in “open” position – slide towards rear of connector. Open hinge on connector.
- 4.DO NOT USE STRIPPERS. Use only finger tips/nails to gently remove “Soft Peel” 250μm coating completely to fan tubing. 2
5. Cleave fiber measuring from fan tubing. For SSF™ LC = 12mm. 3
6. Insert fiber into the rear of connector until a slight “bow” is created and the light emitting from connector window dims and/or extinguishes.
- 7. Slide activator tab towards connector tip. Remove from VFL, Install dust cap.
- 8. Slide build tube forward and seat in rear of connector, ensure fiber is straight, close hinge. Slide boot forward and tighten until secure.
- If terminating fiber at 250um (no jacketing or fan-out tube), utilize part number SSF-S250BT-10 build-up tubes (included in connector pack) for proper connector installation.
- SSF™ Fiber does not require the use of alcohol cleaning as the glass fiber is not exposed being protected with SSF™ proprietary coating. Remove the soft peel coating completely from all sides of the fiber with fingers only. Do not use strippers.
- Due to the extreme durability and bend insensitivity of SSF™ fiber your cleaver may require a wheel height adjustment procedure to allow successful cleaving of SSF™ fibers.