SSF™ Connector Termination with SSF™ Jacketed Fiber 2.0mm / 3.0mm
For instructions on terminating Cleerline Fiber with common connector systems from other manufacturers, visit the Compatible Connector Instructionals Downloads page
- 1. Unscrew boot from rear of connector and slide onto cable jacket. For 2.0mm slide included build tube onto cable jacket.1
- 2. Using strippers remove approximately 50mm / 2” of cable jacket.
- 3. Place onto VFL using an LC type adapter. Ensure activator slide tab is in “open” position – slide towards rear of connector. Open hinge on connector.
- 4. DO NOT USE STRIPPERS. Pull Kevlar yarns back to locate SSF™ fiber. Use only finger tips/nails to gently remove “Soft Peel” 250µm coating to within 12mm/1/2” of cable jacket. 2
5. Cleave fiber measuring from cable jacket. For SSF™ LC = 24mm. 3
6. Insert fiber into the rear of connector until a slight “bow” is created and the light emitting from connector window dims and/or extinguishes.
- 7. Slide activator tab towards connector tip. Remove from VFL. Ensure fiber is straight, hold Kevlar to one side (2.0mm seat tube at rear of (connector). Close hinge.
- 8. Install dust cap. Slide boot forward and thread one full turn to “lock in” Kevlar strands. Cut Kevlar close to boot. Tighten boot until secure.
- If terminating fiber at 250µm (no jacketing or fan-out tube), utilize part number SSF-S250BT-10 build-up tubes (included in connector pack) for proper connector installation.
- SSF™ Fiber does not require the use of alcohol cleaning as the glass fiber is not exposed being protected with SSF™ proprietary coating. Remove the soft peel coating completely from all sides of the fiber with fingers only. Do not use strippers.
- Due to the extreme durability and bend insensitivity of SSF™ fiber your cleaver may require a wheel height adjustment procedure to allow successful cleaving of SSF™ fibers.